January 23, 2017

UFO Completed

This really isn't on my design wall this Monday morning, rather it's finally on my bed.
 FM quilted on my little Juki and like my first attempt at quilting, this was a bit of a challenge.  I love, love, love Cindy Needham and have expressed this in prior posts.  Cindy is a special person who takes the time to answer questions and give tips and suggestions. She's like having a friend living next door, someone who's there for you. 
 I was working hard at quilting feathers on the red boarders and the top thread kept shredding and the back was getting all knotted up with snarly things.  Following Cindy's handbook, I was using Bottom Line on the top thread and in the bobbin. It turned into a  frustrating and time consuming task, having to stop and re-thread the needle or pick out nasty nests on the back.

I wanted to give it up.  So I sent Cindy an email asking her for help and what I was doing wrong.  Within a day she responded with suggestions, one was not to use Bottom Line on the top.  She had experienced the same, having it shred.  She suggested switching over to Kimono silk as the top thread and use Bottom line on the bottom.  It worked beautifully.   Thank you Cindy!




Ready to quilt the last one hiding in the closet. 
Then it's time to start a new project!
Any suggestions what that should be?

I'm always sew happy to share with you.
Thank you.
Hugs,  Penny

 

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! How generous indeed of Cindy to send along her best hints. Congrats on a finish. Love your pillow covers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have pillow shams to go with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete