January 16, 2017

Scrappy Monday

After quilting two queen sized quilts for Christmas, I've made a survival decision to make this one lap size.  I'm sure most of you know Bonnie Hunter, the Queen of Scrappy Quilts.  Her blog, Quiltsville is filled with information, free patterns and  lots of goodies.  She got me started on seeing scraps in a new light.  As well as how to organize all of those bits and pieces that I never had the heart to throw away.  Gee I'm glad I didn't.  I see more quilts in all of those rubber bins.


It was sew easy.  I started with cutting 2" squares always having them by my sewing machine ready to use as "Leaders or Enders" with whatever project I was working on at the time.  It didn't matter how long it would take to accumulate the completed nine patches, I was thrilled that I was working on another quilt and not wasting scraps.  Every time one was completed I would throw it in a container and forget about it.  What a treat to count them out and see I'm ready to make another quilt.

Ready to take a closer look at Sisters Nine Patch in Bonnie's book Adventures with Leaders & Enders.  It should go together pretty quick. Then I can start working on another of her many quilts.
Thank you for taking the time to check in with me.
I'm sew happy to share.
Penny

P.S. I've been away from sharing on Patchwork Times,  Design Wall Monday. If you want to see what others are doing, stop by.

2 comments:

  1. Leader-enders were a light bulb moment for me too! Nine patches are the friendlist block I know.

    ReplyDelete