January 9, 2018

Another Year of Beginnings

Looking back at my list of posts I have come to the conclusion I'm a failed blogger.  So I've decided to make this blog a quilting/applique self reference library. A place to go when this old brain goes into the 'forgets', (lately, a bit too frequent).

I was introduced to a product that made my appliqueing life so simple.  In the past I would thread my needles, stick them in a little pincushion and wrap the thread around the cushion.  Yuck, what a mess!


But then I watched Jennifer's YouTube presentation of Clover's Dome Threaded Needle Case and life changed.  Click here to see how to use it.
With a few convenient tweaks of adding a tiny bottle cap pincushion I'm set.  The Dome lid is also a great place to stick leather finger tabs.


All my needles are threaded in red silk, ready to finish sewing 36 circles onto the last block.


This is an amazing quilt, Lily Rosenberry Quilt by Susan Garman.  However, I'm only doing four blocks and the border for a wall quilt.


I saw this quilted by Kelly Cline Quilting and was so inspired.  I'm hoping to machine quilt it myself.  After domestic machine quilting a queen sized I've decided to keep this one small.

Oh, my.  Look at all of the circles needed to be made.  I better get busy.
Until later...
I'm sew happy to share!
Hugs,   Penny






No comments:

Post a Comment