January 10, 2017

Memories

I grew up watching my mother sew on her 1947 Black Featherweight.  She made the most memorable and beautiful things for me and my two sisters.  Ballerina dresses for make-believe play, to lined wool suits with matching jacket, button holes and all.

Sew blessed to have Mom's sewing machine. This is Betsy, named after her.


I never realized all the treasures that came with the machine.  It was fun looking over the original manual and reading about the presser feet and what they do. 


Sweet hubby following the tutorials for cleaning and oiling Betsy.


Check out the Singer Featherweight Shop for a storehouse of knowledge.  

He will be cleaning my 1964 White Featherweight next and I’ll post pictures of Gracie Lynn when she is ready for her debut. 

Until then....
Thank you for making me Sew Happy to Share!
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment