July 1, 2013

Design Wall Mondy 7/1/13

I took a break from working on the Pineapple UFO and put this together last week.  It is a 'mini-mosaic' quilt.
Alex Anderson, of The Quilt Show, interviewed Paula Doyle  about her new book, and I found the process Paula Doyle has created, so amazing, I had to order her book.

I think the reason this caught my attention is becauseI haven't learned how to do paper piecing and this does not use that technique.  To end up with 1 inch squares on a completed mini quilt was so much fun.
 What do you think of my first attempt at Mini Mosaic Quilts? Oh, and my very first attempt at free motion quilting! (Notice there are no close ups of the quilting, there is a reason for that).
 
Don't forget to check out Patchwork Times and see what others are doing.
Sew Happy to Share.
Hugs,


1 comment:

  1. I really love the movement in your Mini Mosaic piece Penny! And you did great in using colors that pop off of each other... beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete