July 21, 2013

Summer Time Blahs

 
With all of the heat and humidity I don't know about you but this past week I developed the Summer Time Blahs!  With no intrest in working on that pineapple quilt, staring at me from the design wall, I decided to dive into another book and figure out how to do something new, at least new to me. 
 
Last year the local quilt store was offering a class on making fabric baskets, which intrigued me. So I signed up for the glass and bought Susan Breier’s book “It’s a Wrap”.  Sadly, I was unable to attend the class and put the book on the shelf to be forgotton until the blahs overcame me. 
 
Following the instructions I found making a basket was a total kick! 
As the basket was forming it came to me that this would make a great purse bottom and so my new summer project came to life. 
And here you have it.....
My lovely new purse with a basket bottom (The Basket Bottom Bag)  It is lined with compartments and a heavy zipper to keep everything safe. 

Guess I better concentrate on the Pineapple UFO and get it finished up.  Hey, maybe on my next blog post, I can show you a finished 2 year pineapple quilt.

Until next time.... check out what's happening at Judy's  on Design Wall Monday and remember I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment!

As always I'm Sew Happy To Share what's going on in my sewing room,


5 comments:

  1. Fantastic, love the texture of the basket bottom. I must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat purse bottom. I am definitely a zipper person for purses. I have dumped way too many purses in my past. Your finished purse is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect bag bottom. look nice and strong

    ReplyDelete