April 9, 2012

Design Wall Monday 4/9/12

"Spring has Sprung....The Grass has Rizz....I wonder where the Flowers is?..."

Ouch, such poor English!  My highschool English teacher is probably rolling over in her grave.  However silly it may be, my Mom loved to say things like this to make us smile.  So it's only appropiate to use her little ditty to show off  my completed center block, Miss Hannah. 

It's full of Spring flowers and does put a smile on my face.

Now onto Block 1 of Erin Russek’s Florabunda quilt pattern.  The leaves and stems are sewn down as well as the first flower, three more to go. There are three yellow balls to place over each flower.  So cute!


When Block 1 is complete the pieces for Block 2 are nearly finished. With only the blue center circles left, the running stitch is in place and ready to pull tight around the circle template.



Check in and see what others are doing on Judy’s PatchworkTimes with their Design Wall Monday.

Make it a Sew Special Week!
Hugs 'n Loves,

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your applique! I did Florabunda a bit ago and it was a blast. be careful when you finish and resize the blocks, the applique is a bit large on several to make them 12.5 inches. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous block! I love all those saturated colors - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the appliqué. You are really coming along quickly with it. Your leaf points are really perfect. They are my downfall.

    I got a kick out of watching the Men & Women's Brain video on your previous post. I saw it before several years ago and had forgotten how funny it is. The guy who does the video is a pastor at a megachurch here in Green Bay. His name is Mark Gungor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the fabric you close for the 'basket'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers definitely look like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning work, Penny!
    thanks so much for sending an email to introduce yourself. I hope you will stop by my blog again sometime. I just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great applique block. I love the bright colors. It really fells like Spring! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is beautiful. That center block made me smile.

    ReplyDelete