January 19, 2018

Flu Got Me Blue

Hubby brought home a sick bug.  Runny nose, sniffles, and aching all over.  So,  I tip toed around him for three days trying to avoid contact without wearing a hazmat suit. But it still grabbed me hard! I am thankful to say that this year was the first time I got a flu shot.  They say there are no guarantees of not getting the flu but it should shorten the life and severity.  I'm now a believer.  It knocked me down for48 hours but I'm on the mend.


While feeling punk, I tried to complete a few berries. Since completing all 160 circles with a running stitch, I now needed to move onto the next stage.."Turn & Burn".  By placing the heat resistant template in the center, put liquid starch around the edge of the running stitch, pull the strings together causing the fabric to surround the template and apply the iron to the starch, dampened area.  When the starched disc has dried and cooled, remove the template and bingo, you have a lovely round berry to sew onto the block.

Sew Happy to Share...
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment