April 22, 2013

Design Wall Monday 4/22/13


I’m feeling a bit relieved and proud at the same time to show you my first completed quilt. This will go to my first grandchild, Allyson, as her high school graduation gift. No, I did not quilt it as I had originally hoped for. However, while trying to learn free motion quilting, I developed a true respect and admiration for those of you who do machine quilting. Brenda Cornell quilted it for me and eased the crunch for having this ready by mid May.




Pop over to Judy's at Patchwork Times and see what's going on.
Thank you for taking a peek at my quilt… because I'm "Sew Happy to Share"!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt!
    Taking the leap to free motion quilting takes some nerve, determination and practice. Try making some small projects to have something to practice on - not a special quilt!
    I use pre-printed panels for practice, then donate them to one of the many charities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely! I'm sure your granddaughter will treasure it. My grandmother made 2 quilts for each her grandchildren..one for high school graduation and one when we got married. I still have one of them and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Penny! The quilt is great and your GD will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful quilt, and will surely be well received.

    ReplyDelete