May 7, 2012

Design Wall Monday 5/7/12


Good morning... And what a wonderful morning it truly is!!
Block 3 is nearly finished, have only the center circle to sew. This was interesting and a lengthy challenge with so many points on flower petals and leaves. I also realize I need to cut my stems on the bias.  Note the little puckers in the stem curves, kind of like an old wash boarded dirt road.


Check out what everyone is creating on Judy’s blog at Patchwork Times.
Until next post......
Stay Sew Happy!


8 comments:

  1. Nice Florabunda!! I did this one last year and loved it. Watch your size at the end as Block 12 is a bit larger then the rest of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. It has been a REAL learning experience. Appliqué is new to me and I find I am hooked. Seems I can’t put the thing down. What is really strange is I now see things and wonder what they would look like appliquéd.
      Thanks for the heads up, I will remember this IF I ever get to block 12.

      Do you have a picture of your completed Florabunda quilt? Would love to see it.

      Delete
  2. If you go into my old blog posts I do have a complete picture of each block. http://mycornerquilts.blogspot.com/2011/09/monday-morning-design-wall-9122011-help.html

    I bordered them with Red/White strips and I did not like how it looked, as I said, her instructions to cut the blocks to size were wrong. Both Block 12 and the block with the big flower and three leaves in the corner, where too large for the size. Also, I had to add fabric to the center block (which I made 2x as I was unhappy with the first result after making all the blocks). still trying to find time to put it back together!! I am now bordering them with White/Red stripes and white corner stones. email is woocorner123@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the colors you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block that will make a great quilt! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete