September 2, 2013

2 Years of Applique FINISHED!


Two years ago I became intrigued with appliqué, wanting to learn techniques anyway I could.  That is when I stumbled onto Erin Russek’s blog site, One Piece at a Time. I needed all the help I could find especially being a new quilter.  Erin’s tutorials were amazing and were free!! And so were her BOM patterns. Oh-me-oh my... I was hooked to say the least. I had no idea how addictive appliqué would become.
 
I started my applique journey with Erin's pattern Miss Hannah.  Now, two years latter I can see how far I've traveled on the learning curve.... and how much further I will be going.
 
 
 
Since applique is something you can prepare a head of time and have in your"grab n' go" bag, I always had something to work on while away from my sewing machine. And, over the past two years, I was away from my sewing room most of the time while caring for my parents.  So, with bitter sweet memories I can say that each block holds a special place in my heart representing a part of time spent with each one of them before their passing.
  
To finish this journey of memories, I am determined to do the quilting though this will be a first for me.  The applique was a learning experience  so why not make quilting an experience as well.
 
Thank you for stopping by.  Please leave a comment and  drop over to Patchwork Times to see what others are showing on their design wall.
 
As always.... I'm Sew Happy 2 Share,

8 comments:

  1. Erin pulled me into the applique world also. Your quilt is gorgeous! I'm still working on the the My Tweets, 2 more blocks and the center to make! May take another 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt you have made! And your first one appliqued - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practice makes perfect -- and you demonstrate that with this lovely quilt. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Какой красивенький, жизнерадостный :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, incredible applique! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, incredible applique! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique is beautiful. And your quilt is going to be full of special memories and I am sure prayers. Many more will be added as you quilt this beautiful top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your applique is beautiful. And your quilt is going to be full of special memories and I am sure prayers. Many more will be added as you quilt this beautiful top.

    ReplyDelete