March 8, 2012

Oh! The Memories

Have been away from my wonderful Bernina lately.  I have set up our little camp trailer as my sewing room, when away from the real sewing room.  It's located on some land we have, only an hour from home.  My husband likes to 'get away' so we head there to enjoy the mountains and do some fishing.  However,  I don't like having to package up the Bernina to take it with me so I’ve improvised by breaking out my 1960’s Singer Featherweight. 



When I’m sewing with it, wow do the memories return! This was my high school graduation gift from my parents.  I sewed all my clothes through college (what short time I was there) and as well as my babies clothes for years.  I actually have two Featherweights now that my mother left me hers.  They are wonderful machines with wonderful memories.


1 comment:

  1. Thats a great sewing set up, I can't wait to see some progress pics of your red and white quilt!

    ReplyDelete