February 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Each Monday I check in with Judy’s Design Wall Monday over at Patchwork Times, to take a peek at all the wonderful projects you are posting on your design wall.  And, just as I sneak in to peek, I sneak right back out without posting a thing.  I know we all suffer with our sewing time being limited, if not obsolete at times, but I'm so proud to have a Tah-dah...finally something to share.



 I’ve finished the appliqué pieces from Erin Russek’s pattern Miss Hannah.  They are glue basted and ready for stitching. This has been a wonderful learning adventure in technique and color.  I could not have done this without Erin’s tutorials. With some practice I found I really enjoyed making each petal and leaf.  The only hang up I found was in selecting the colors I wanted to use. Until I took to heart what I had heard and read, “Use the colors you like and what feels good to you.” This basket of flowers puts a smile on my face.
Check out other postings on Judy Laquidara’s Patchwork Times.
Take care,
Penny

7 comments:

  1. I love this! Love your fabric choices especially your fussy cut basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely; beautiful fabric palette. I love the simplicity of it, even with all the different patterns. Reminds me a little of a Pennsylvania Dutch palette, but more sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, rich and cheerful colors. Just great!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautiful basket of flowers puts a smile on my face too! Wonderful color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that looks great. I love the fabric you used for your pot! Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I esp. love the large center flower and the basket fabric. Really charming. Your work looks so nice. Great job.

    ReplyDelete