January 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday 1/16/2012

Gee, what can I say except what happened to 2011 and the first two weeks into January?

My design wall has had various projects up and then down....then up and then down again. With all of my indecision I decided to let the brain rest and  focus on the pile of sewing, mending and home making things gathering dust in the mending basket before focusing on the true 'fun' things of life.

A while back I purchased  seat cushions for my dining room chairs...( I know, I know, why didn't I just make them?) Turns out, by the time I remove those ugly white tags from the backs, I could have made them faster.  Since the cushions are red, the remnant of the tag shows if I just cut them off.


Don't you hate those things? I'm embarrassed to admit but for years I left the tags on because of the "Federal Warning Punishable by Death"! Just kidding, but that is what I thought.  When I finally read the entire label I realized how dumb I was.  Oh, but isn't  it  nice of the government to give permission to tear the stupid things off!?


Oh how I wish these were that easy to remove. No such luck. Each one has to have the stitching ripped, picked and then hand sewn closed.  I’d rather be doing applique!!

Happy sewing!
Penny

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're able to get the last of the cushions done so you can move on to more fun projects!

    ReplyDelete