February 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Wow, everything is new for me. A newbie quilter and first time blogger.  I love checking in with all of you to see what great things you are up to.  All of your posts keep me motivated and truly inspired!!

After taking a beginning quilt class I jumped right in using Loretta Smith's book Pineapple Quilt A Piece of Cake.  With great excitement here is my design wall.  Four blocks down and several to go.


Still unsure of the arrangement but the blocks are fun to make.



I'm sure many of you have made a pineapple quilt. Your comments and input will be helpful.

Make it a GREAT week and please keep on quilting and blogging.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry I have not made a pineapple quilt, but just thought I'd tell you that yours looks great!
    You have done lovely job on the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for starting with a pineapple! They look so complicated. My mom lives in AZ and said she picked up something related to doing pineapple blocks at a recent show in the area and found a friend who helps with their charity and is excited about using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! That's an ambitious project to begin with, and it looks like you are doing a fabulous job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very brave to start with a pineapple quilt! I think I started with 4" squares of random fabrics (cotton, terry cloth, polyester, whatever I had). The blocks look very very nice and I love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pineapple quilt is a very courageous start. Your blocks look square and well-sewn. Good job. Watch out, this is very addicting.
    Jane in Kansas
    www.jinglebell440.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors! No reason not to take on a pineapple early in your quilting career as long as you are careful and precise. Nice job. It looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are sure progressing well for a newbie. I too started many, many years ago with a complex quilt-a hand pieced cathedral window. If you don't know how difficult it is, when you start, you aren't intimidated. Keep up the good work. If you get a chance, the Arizona Quilting Guild quilt show is in Mesa, March 10, 11 and 12. Check out the website if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - yes, I've worked on a pineapple block - and I said never again - too many pieces, too many small pieces!
    But I like yours.

    ReplyDelete