February 13, 2014

20/20 Rule

After all the reading, watching and practicing I finally swallowed hard, sandwiched my quilt and began my first experience of FMQ.  Well, I really haven’t started the pretty, FMQ. So far I've used the walking foot to stitch in the ditch all the seams.  And now I’m FMQ- ESS (every stink’in seam) around the hand appliquéd flowers.  Gee, a real pratice in control. 
 
 
 I started to notice I was experiencing red, bloodshot eyes (lovely!) and eye drops wouldn't take the red away.  I was due for my annual eye exam and my doctor told me to practice the 20/20 Rule.  Every 20 minutes of intense, focused work, stop, look up, and focus on something 20 feet away.  This causes you to blink and lubricate your eyes and gives the brain a time to rest as well.
 
Just thought I would share that bit of info.  Since then, I now set a timer for 25 minutes to remind me to blink and rest my eyes.  You'll be amazed how fast time passes when focusing on a task.  That’s why it's a good idea to set a timer.

 
 
 
As always I'm Sew Happy to Share!
 





















2 comments: